SQL Server 2005 Express Edition does have requirements and limitations.
Its requirements are fairly light:
Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2
Computer with Intel or compatible Pentium III 600 MHz or faster processor (1 GHz or faster is recommended.)
Minimum of 192 MB of RAM (512 MB or more is recommended.)
525 MB of available hard disk space
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
The limitations of each application are what make them free when compared to the other versions of SQL Server 2005.
Limited to 1 CPU
Can only use 1 GB of RAM
Limited a Maximum Database size of 4GB
Log Shipping is not supported
Full-Text Search is not an option
SQL Server Agent Scheduling service is not available
Monday, March 13, 2006
- Creating an as400 Query
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command
- as400 Iseries Tips
- NadaBlog: Building An Effects Pedal Board
- ibm as400 manuals v5r4
- QUSRJOBI API (Retrieve Job Information) as400
- What is QZHQSSRV job?
- Using QCLRDTAQ to clear data queues in CL and RPG
- How do you re-enable the user id for STRSST when it has been disabled?