Bioengineers at the University of Calgary have successfully grown insulin producing cells in a lab, marking a major breakthrough in diabetes research.
The team of scientists hope to eventually transplant lab grown, insulin producing cells directly into the bodies of patients with Type 1 diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes makes the body unable to produce enough insulin, requiring those suffering from the disease to inject themselves with the hormone.
In theory, the transplant would eliminate the need for daily insulin injections by patients who suffer from the disease
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- Creating an as400 Query
- Free Iseries Accounts Available
- AS400 PRTF - Report Layout Utility
- Other as400 tips sites
- AS400 / ISeries Freeware / Shareware
- How do you re-enable the user id for STRSST when it has been disabled?
- Automating a process to run every 10 minutes
- What is QZHQSSRV job?