Wednesday, March 15, 2006
'There have been a number of language coming up lately,' noted James Gosling today at Sun's World Wide Education & Research Conference in New York City when asked if Java was in any kind of danger from the newcomers. 'PHP and Ruby are perfectly fine systems,' he continued, 'but they are scripting languages and get their power through specialization: they just generate web pages. But none of them attempt any serious breadth in the application domain and they both have really serious scaling and performance problems.'
Posted by Col at 3:24 pm
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- Creating an as400 Query
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- AS400 APIs
- AS400 PRTF - Report Layout Utility
- Free Iseries Accounts Available
- as400 Iseries Tips
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command
- AS400 / ISeries Freeware / Shareware
- What is QZHQSSRV job?