Tuesday, March 28, 2006

TechRepublic Blog: Most Powerful Job Seeking Tip I Know

Here's what is probably the most powerful job seeking tip I know of, and it almost always works, sometimes too fast, with nearly any type of job, from CEO to janitor. Consider yourself pinged.

THE TIP: Hang out there.

That's it. Yes. That's all there is to it, and it works almost every single time. Let me explain in further, suspenseful, nerve-wracking detail.

First, because there is always some sourpuss who hates good news and proven techniques, I must rush to state this: I am *not* advocating any form of systematic stalking, trollish malingering, or unprincipled lollygagging. But to get your sleepy, Starbucks-deprived butt in gear, I must always state my views and insights with extreme, theatrical, Dada-esque language.

THE TIP (CLARIFIED): Hang out as a paying and good tipping customer,

or...a free advice-giver, helper, usability analyst, beta tester, bodyguard, computer fixer, printer disjammer, hail-fellow-well-met, comedic relief, floor sweeper, human surveillance camera, jackslabber, whatever...at the place you wish to work

No comments:

Post a Comment