Symantec said Wednesday it plans to tweak the behavior of its Norton Internet Security and Norton Personal Firewall products so that they are no longer vulnerable to an annoying but otherwise harmless prank that 'script kiddie' hackers have been using for the past week or so to knock users off online chat channels.
Turns out that if someone types "startkeylogger" or "stopkeylogger" in an IRC channel, anyone on the channel using the affected Norton products will be immediately kicked off without warning. These are commands typically issued by the Spybot worm, which spreads over IRC and peer-to-peer file-swapping networks, installing a program that records and transmits everything the victim types (known as a keylogger).
- Creating an as400 Query
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command
- as400 Iseries Tips
- Other as400 tips sites
- AS400 PRTF - Report Layout Utility
- AS400 APIs
- What is QZHQSSRV job?
- How do you re-enable the user id for STRSST when it has been disabled?
- Python for as400 programmers