Symantec said Wednesday it plans to tweak the behavior of its Norton Internet Security and Norton Personal Firewall products so that they are no longer vulnerable to an annoying but otherwise harmless prank that 'script kiddie' hackers have been using for the past week or so to knock users off online chat channels.
Turns out that if someone types "startkeylogger" or "stopkeylogger" in an IRC channel, anyone on the channel using the affected Norton products will be immediately kicked off without warning. These are commands typically issued by the Spybot worm, which spreads over IRC and peer-to-peer file-swapping networks, installing a program that records and transmits everything the victim types (known as a keylogger).
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- Creating an as400 Query
- What is QZHQSSRV job?
- Using QCLRDTAQ to clear data queues in CL and RPG
- AS400 APIs
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command
- as400 Iseries Tips
- QUSRJOBI API (Retrieve Job Information) as400
- Free Iseries Accounts Available
- Making your own Printed Circuit Boards