Symantec said Wednesday it plans to tweak the behavior of its Norton Internet Security and Norton Personal Firewall products so that they are no longer vulnerable to an annoying but otherwise harmless prank that 'script kiddie' hackers have been using for the past week or so to knock users off online chat channels.
Turns out that if someone types "startkeylogger" or "stopkeylogger" in an IRC channel, anyone on the channel using the affected Norton products will be immediately kicked off without warning. These are commands typically issued by the Spybot worm, which spreads over IRC and peer-to-peer file-swapping networks, installing a program that records and transmits everything the victim types (known as a keylogger).
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- Creating an as400 Query
- AS400 Job Scheduler
- AS400 PRTF - Report Layout Utility
- Other as400 tips sites
- How do you re-enable the user id for STRSST when it has been disabled?
- Automating a process to run every 10 minutes
- Using QCLRDTAQ to clear data queues in CL and RPG
- UDATE and *DATE in AS400 RPG
- What is QZHQSSRV job?