On the as400, QZHQSSRV is one of the prestart jobs that will be running in the QUSRWRK subsystem.
A prestart job is a batch job and will run on the server before a program on a remote system tries to connect with that server. Usually multiple prestart jobs of a particular type are configured to run. Prestart jobs are run to increase performance of initiations and connections to a server. Host server functions, that use prestart job, use the sockets communications interface support
The host servers are:
Network print server
Remote command and distributed program call server
Secure database server
Secure file server
Data queue server
These are the programs called when the prestart job is started for host server.
Network Print QSYS/QNPSERVS
Remote command and program call QSYS/QZRCSRVS
Secure Database QSYS/QZDASSINIT
Secure File QSYS/QPWFSERVSS
Data Queue QSYS/QZHQSSRV
The prestart jobs usually take the name of the program that they call, so QZHQSSRV is a prestart job for a remote system to communicate with a data queue on the server.
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- Creating an as400 Query
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- Free Iseries Accounts Available
- How do you re-enable the user id for STRSST when it has been disabled?
- Other as400 tips sites
- Differences between iseries as400 API QMHLJOBL and QGYOLJBL
- AS400 PRTF - Report Layout Utility
- as400 Iseries Tips
- What is QZHQSSRV job?