On the iSeries, limited support for INSTEAD OF triggers was delivered by PTF SI16101 for i5/OS V5R3 systems. Unfortunately, data manipulation against multi-table views involving Joins or Unions was not yet supported, limiting their usefulness to single table views. This limitation has been lifted in V5R4.
The examples shown in this story were originally developed on DB2 UDB for Windows V8.2.1 and required very little modification to run on the iSeries. It's good to see the iSeries continue to receive the enhancements that other versions of DB2 have
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
- Creating an as400 Query
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command
- as400 Iseries Tips
- NadaBlog: Building An Effects Pedal Board
- ibm as400 manuals v5r4
- QUSRJOBI API (Retrieve Job Information) as400
- What is QZHQSSRV job?
- Using QCLRDTAQ to clear data queues in CL and RPG
- How do you re-enable the user id for STRSST when it has been disabled?