A Fast Path to AS/400 Client/Server Using AS/400 OLE DB Support
If you have ever wanted to develop Microsoft Windows programs that work with the AS/400 system, you'll want to learn about the AS/400 OLE DB support. It provides a tremendous improvement over previously used techniques. Two of the key considerations that the AS/400 OLE DB support addresses are ease of application development while still providing acceptable performance. This redbook gives a broad understanding of the OLE DB architecture and how it can be used to access AS/400 resources.
This redbook provides examples of how to write programs using this interface. Many of the most popular Windows programming environments such as Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, Delphi, Lotus Notes and Visual FoxPro are covered. Also covered are end user tools such as Lotus 1-2-3, Excel and Microsoft Access.
More as400 redbooks to follow.
Thursday, January 20, 2005
- Journaling for Performance
- AS400 PRTF - Report Layout Utility
- RIAA sues the dead | The Register
- AS400 / ISeries Freeware / Shareware
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- ibm as400 manuals v5r4
- Creating an as400 Query
- as400 Iseries Tips
- AS400 APIs
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command