Lucene in Action: Meet Lucene Pt. 1 - WebReference.com-: "This chapter covers
Using the basic indexing API
Working with the search API
Considering alternative products
One of the key factors behind Lucene�s popularity and success is its simplicity. The careful exposure of its indexing and searching API is a sign of the welldesigned software. Consequently, you don�t need in-depth knowledge about how Lucene�s information indexing and retrieval work in order to start using it. Moreover, Lucene�s straightforward API requires you to learn how to use only a handful of its classes.
In this chapter, we show you how to perform basic indexing and searching with Lucene with ready-to-use code examples. We then briefly introduce all the core elements you need to know for both of these processes. We also provide brief reviews of competing Java/non-Java, free, and commercial products."
Monday, January 24, 2005
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- SOA: Refactoring Mainframe Applications into Dynamic Web Applications (Part 1)
- as400 Iseries Tips
- Journaling for Performance
- Is it the end for the current crop of web frameworks?
- AS400 APIs
- What is QZHQSSRV job?
- Wordpress games Google by hosting LinkFarm
- ibm as400 manuals v5r4
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command