Use the SQL Rename command to make everyone happy: "The following SQL code makes everybody happy because it defines a 'static' short 10-character name for the tables (and record-format and member and columns), AND it allows the Java programmers to have their descriptive long name.
CREATE TABLE LongName (
LongFieldName1 FOR COLUMN LFN1 INTEGER NOT NULL,
LongFieldName2 FOR COLUMN LFN2 CHAR(3) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (LongFieldName1)
RENAME TABLE LongName TO LongTableName FOR SYSTEM NAME LongName; "
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- SOA: Refactoring Mainframe Applications into Dynamic Web Applications (Part 1)
- as400 Iseries Tips
- Journaling for Performance
- Is it the end for the current crop of web frameworks?
- What is QZHQSSRV job?
- AS400 APIs
- Wordpress games Google by hosting LinkFarm
- Other as400 tips sites
- ibm as400 manuals v5r4