Saturday, January 01, 2005

The eclipse pollinate plugin for apache beehive really rocks | keyboardsamurais on java

The eclipse pollinate plugin for apache beehive really rocks | keyboardsamurais on java: "The eclipse pollinate plugin for apache beehive really rocks
Submitted by tag on Fri, 2004-12-31 12:58. J2EE
Although beehive is in its infancy, I really love the idea of a good way to simplify struts j2ee development. Now eclipse has released the second milestone of the pollinate plugin, that features slick visual page flow editing and a growing set of wizards. See for yourself in the walkthrough right here. While I personally have mixed feelings about alpha versions being squished into plugins I have to say that this one looks really promising. I actually managed to create a simple Struts app (a small adressbook) within an hour. I don't know if I am still too stoned from that experience to give an unbiased account of the whole thing, but I have to say one thing: Pollinate rocks!
Think about it. How much time did you spend on your last project to build a reasonable pageflow? On my last project people somehow managed to spend weeks on a pageflow due to lack of a good enough documentation. (Well I admit, that mistakes were made and somehow implementation details poured into the pageflow). Now you have the chance to build a reliable pageflow graph with a sophisticated Controller architecture, while using all the wealth of Struts functionality and generative programming. Great stuff.
Hopefully I will find time in the new year to write a little tutorial on how to work with beehive and pollinate."

No comments:

Post a Comment