Thursday, January 06, 2005

CVS Server change screws up eclipse CVS

One of our third party software suppliers changed their CVS server.

This meant that the key stored by eclipse CVS tools to verify the server were no longer valid, and you can no longer connect to the CVS Server. Unfortunately there is no way in eclipse to remove or reset the server key.

One of colleagues got round this by using a new workspace. I have so many projects in my workspace that im dependant on that I didnt want to do that.

I thought about using windows search to search the contents of my workspace for the CVS servers IP address, but I've used it before and its "pants". For file searching I use Agent Ransack, which is absolutely brilliant.

Did a text search in my workspace for the CVS servers IP address and got found the following

MESSAGE Host key for 192.168.2.1 was not found in the list of known hosts stored in C:\Documents and Settings\joebloggs\My Documents\IBM\wdsc\workspace3\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.team.cvs.ssh\known_hosts. The key is being automatically added to the known_hosts file for you. This key, which is like a personal signature, is used by Eclipse to guarantee that the host it is communicating with is the correct one. If the Eclipse client detects a change in this key you will be notified.

looked for the known_hosts file and removed the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment