Dutch flag carrier airline KLM has consolidated 24 separate business units onto one IBM mainframe in a £2.7m project which, it claimed, would pay for itself within 18 months of completion.
The savings have come by replacing seven AS400 mainframes in different locations onto a pair of IBM zSeries mainframes at Amsterdam’s Schipol airport. This has halved the number of IT staff needed to support the hardware, which runs financial software from SSA Global, an enterprise software supplier.
Thursday, March 24, 2005
- Journaling for Performance
- AS400 PRTF - Report Layout Utility
- RIAA sues the dead | The Register
- AS400 / ISeries Freeware / Shareware
- ibm as400 manuals v5r4
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- Creating an as400 Query
- as400 Iseries Tips
- AS400 APIs
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command