Thursday, March 31, 2005

Why Web Programming Matters Most

Why Web Programming Matters Most: "You might dismiss me as being self-centered, as I'm a Python web programmer, and we all think our own problems are the most important problems. But then I'm a web programmer because I think it's the most important and empowering development environment of our time -- it has been for at least the last five years, and I'd be surprised if that didn't stay true for at least the next five years.
And I am doing okay -- these aren't my own problems I'm complaining about. I don't want to talk down Python web programming too much -- if you are serious about web programming the initial investment will pay off, since Python is a great environment. But if you aren't committed enough to invest that time, and you want to produce something useful quickly, then -- though it hurts me to say this -- Python isn't a good choice."

No comments:

Post a Comment