Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Running JBOSS on Iseries

Im trying to get JBOSS running on a ISeries (as400) release V5R2
heres the story so far:


  • Downloaded the latest version of JBOSS (tar.gz) from http://www.jboss.org/downloads/index
  • Unzipped the tar.gz on my PC
  • copied the unzipped jboss directory from PC to IFS on as400 to /jboss
  • on green screen, wrklnk '/jboss/bin'
  • edit run.conf
  • add JAVA_HOME="/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk14" after #JAVA_HOME
  • comment out JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms128m -Xmx128m" with a #, and replace with JAVA_OPTS=" -Xms128m -Xmx128m"

The one issue I had was that we already have port 8080 in use, and as this is the default for tomcat I needed to modify this.

  • Change connector port in /jboss/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/server.xml from 8080 to your preferred port

I initially ran this from QSHELL from the command line, but once I got it working I submitted it from a batch job. I also redirected the output from the script to a file on the IFS so that I could see what was going on

  • SBMJOB CMD(QSH CMD('jboss/bin/run.sh > /jboss/logs/jboss.out 2>&1')) JOB(STR_JBOSS)

Success, I get the JBOSS home page when I got to http://myserver:myport

No comments:

Post a Comment