IBM yesterday announced revenues for the servers plunged 22% in the first quarter of 2006, the second consecutive quarterly drop for a platform that saw its numbers surge last year alongside substantial company backing in the form of upgrades and vigorous marketing. Sales in the fourth quarter fell 12% at the end of 2005.
Though disappointing, analysts said the results weren't necessarily an indicator of doom, as the iSeries is a product line in transition that could cause potential customers to hold out for a few months before an assumedly attractive new release. But this latest decline, even sharper than before, may be an indicator that last quarter's dip was more than a hiccup
- Creating an as400 Query
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- as400 Iseries Tips
- What is QZHQSSRV job?
- Using QCLRDTAQ to clear data queues in CL and RPG
- 15 Seconds : Advanced UI Design Using XML and XSL - Part 1: Folder Tree Creation
- NadaBlog: Building An Effects Pedal Board
- How do you re-enable the user id for STRSST when it has been disabled?
- AS400 APIs
- Python for as400 programmers