If your workstation is running some batch job and you don't have any other display session to execute command, you can use the 'send a message option' from the system request menu to execute the command.
That program allows you to send a message to a message queue by using the System Request key with option 5 (Send a message). That can be done even while your workstation is input-inhibited. By using that program, the 'Send a message' option can be used to send a command that gets executed by the operating system. The following command must be executed before MYCMD can be used, ADDLIBLE LIB(qtemp) Crtmsgq msgq(qtemp/q) Chgmsgq msgq(qtemp/q) dlver(*break) pgm(mycmd)
- Creating an as400 Query
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- as400 Iseries Tips
- What is QZHQSSRV job?
- Using QCLRDTAQ to clear data queues in CL and RPG
- AS400 APIs
- 15 Seconds : Advanced UI Design Using XML and XSL - Part 1: Folder Tree Creation
- NadaBlog: Building An Effects Pedal Board
- How do you re-enable the user id for STRSST when it has been disabled?
- Python for as400 programmers