Mobile Gazette has learned of a shock move by the British Government - it has decided to take back the part of the radio spectrum currently used for GSM networks in the UK, and will force mobile operators to run a 3G-only service in the future.
According to an interview in a secret location with someone claiming to be close to the heart of government (known to us only as 'Barry'), the 900MHz and 1800MHz bands are to be taken away from mobile operators from 1st April 2007 and redeployed to other functions. This means that all mobile phone users in the UK will need to switch to a 3G handset before that date. And on the subject of dates, check the date on this one!
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- Creating an as400 Query
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- AS400 APIs
- AS400 PRTF - Report Layout Utility
- Free Iseries Accounts Available
- as400 Iseries Tips
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command
- What is QZHQSSRV job?
- AS400 / ISeries Freeware / Shareware