In the May 15, 2003, issue of Club Tech iSeries Programming Tips, some information was presented on how to use the Jakarta-POI/HSSF Java classes together with an iseries RPG program to create an Excel spreadsheet. In this tip, the same open-source Java classes will be used to do the opposite: to extract data from an existing Excel spreadsheet.
The downloadable as400 source code for this tip contains an RPG service program and Java .jar file that work together with the HSSF classes to make parsing an Excel document a snap. All you have to do is provide a as400 rpg subprocedure for character cells and a subprocedure for numeric cells, and the service program will call them back for each cell in the workbook
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Scott Klement has an article on how to do this on the as400 here...
- RIAA sues the dead | The Register
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- as400 Iseries Tips
- Creating an as400 Query
- ibm as400 manuals v5r4
- as400 subsystem
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command
- Free AS400 & iSeries Software Tools & Utilities Downloads
- AS400 APIs
- as400 database connection strings