Passthrough queries can be efficient for AS/400 ODBC connections because they let you bypass the JET engine and take advantage of the AS/400's query processor.
To create a passthrough query in Access, open the Queries windows and then double-click the "Create query in design view" icon. Close the New Tables dialog box that automatically appears. Then, on the Query menu, select SQL Specific and then Pass-Through option. Next, set the ODBC connection string by selecting the Properties icon in the toolbar and then clicking on the ellipsis next to the ODBC Connect Str property. You're then prompted to select an existing data source to the AS/400, or you can create a new data source if an AS/400 data source doesn't already exist. After setting the connection properties, type your passthrough query in the SQL Pass-Through Query window and click the Execute icon to run the query
- Yahoo! Mail: Revenge of the Oddpost
- Creating an as400 Query
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- Free Iseries Accounts Available
- How do you re-enable the user id for STRSST when it has been disabled?
- AS400 PRTF - Report Layout Utility
- Other as400 tips sites
- Differences between iseries as400 API QMHLJOBL and QGYOLJBL
- as400 Iseries Tips
- What is QZHQSSRV job?