...Like autostart jobs, a prestart job is a batch job that is usually configured to start running when a subsystem begins. But unlike autostart jobs, prestart jobs can easily be started and stopped on demand without bringing the entire subsystem down.
Prestart jobs can also be configured to spawn additional copies of themselves to handle increased demand, and each individual prestart job can be timed to expire and spawn a successor copy after a set number of uses.
OS/400 traditionally uses prestart jobs to handle communication functions, such as when large numbers of ODBC and JDBC users access data through the QZDASOINIT jobs in the QUSRWRK subsystem, but they can also be used to handle persistent single-threaded server jobs that continually process data throughout the day.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
- RIAA sues the dead | The Register
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- as400 Iseries Tips
- ibm as400 manuals v5r4
- Creating an as400 Query
- as400 subsystem
- AS400 API - QCMDEXC - Execute Command
- Free AS400 & iSeries Software Tools & Utilities Downloads
- AS400 APIs
- AS400 / ISeries Freeware / Shareware