Friday, April 01, 2005

Raible Designs ~ Matts Going to work for Microsoft

Raible Designs ~ Going to work for Microsoft: "I received a fair amount of feedback from yesterday's post. A few folks sent e-mails asking me to partner with them to start a company, and a couple of companies called claiming they could set me up with my 'dream job'. The call I didn't expect was from Ashwin Karuhatty of Microsoft. Ashwin is the Developer Evangelist that invited me to the Developer Summit in Redmond a few weeks ago.

He offered me a position with Microsoft being a Developer/Evangelist working on the Visual Studio Team to integrate Ajax-ish components into .NET. I've been doing a lot with Ajax stuff lately, and really enjoying myself, so I've accepted the position. I just submitted my two-weeks notice to my Project Manager and will become a Microsoftee on April 11. For the first 2 months, they're going to let me work out of my house, with an eventual move to Redmond, WA. I'm pretty excited about the move - both my parents and my sister live w/in 4 hours of Redmond. Sure it rains a lot there, but having family so close should make up for that."

No comments:

Post a Comment