Tuesday, May 10, 2005

hello joseph / how i implemented tags: a de-normalized approach

hello joseph / how i implemented tags: a de-normalized approach: "There's been a lot of talk recently about how to implement tags on your own web site, and I wanted to share how I did it. By no means am I an expert code writer and my way may not be the best (it's de-normalized), and I'm sure there will be people who laugh in my general direction. That's fine -- at the very least, I hope that it will give you some ideas of how to do this on your own. I've been using this system for about three months on two web sites and it's working great (here, and brotherjoe.com). It is made with PHP and MySQL, and uses REGEX for tag matching. My system does popular tags, related tags, tag addition, and the ability to seperate tags with commas so you can have multi-word tags. Let's get started..."

No comments:

Post a Comment