Tuesday, February 15, 2005

monitoring all the HTTP headers

BruceBlog: "First of all, finding a proxy for Windoze that will capture HTTP POSTs was actually pretty difficult. Then I took a look into what is necessary with Squid to get it to capture HTTP POSTs and quickly abandoned that idea. It's been over six years since I last dug into Squid at any level. I know it's very nice, but I really didn't need a cache either, not while I'm developing. Then I discovered tcpmon.
Buried in Axis, tcpmon is a lightweight Java proxy that captures all traffic including HTTP POSTs. And because it's written in Java, I can run it on both Mac OS X and Windoze without any issues. So I've been monitoring all the HTTP headers easily with tcpmon and what I've discovered is priceless. The cookies in these headers are very custom which required some hacks to get my POSTs looking just right. But overall, tcpmon has been a lifesaver. If you ever have a needs for a small but nimble Java proxy, check it out. "

No comments:

Post a Comment