Friday, February 11, 2005

How to Use a Content Management System for Search Engine Positioning - WebReference.com -

How to Use a Content Management System for Search Engine Positioning - WebReference.com -: "How to Use a Content Management System for Search Engine Positioning
What Is A CMS?
A Content Management System (CMS) allows you to add, edit or delete content to your website without having to create and format the pages manually. All the pages get generated on the fly, the CMS application picks the template, adds the headers and footers, generates the menus and blocks for your page and then automatically renders the page. As an example, when I wanted to add Google ads to all the pages of my CMS site, I created a block with the Google Adsense code. When I activated it, it automatically appeared on all my pages. If I had to do this page by page, it would have been a nightmare (since my site contains thousands of pages)!
The main reason people hesitate to use CMS is because they think a CMS site will not perform well with search engines. But when used properly, CMS can actually help with scoring points with the search engines. This article shows you how."

No comments:

Post a Comment