Small Values of Cool: The real problem with Java: "I've realised what the real problem with Java is, for me. It's not the fact that my productivity is much lower with Java than it is with Python. After all, it's my management that decide that I should be using Java, and if they want to make me less productive than I could be, it's their prerogative.
And it's not the vast raft of tools, libraries and frameworks that a modern Java application uses that bothers me. It's a problem for a lot of people - c.f. Bruce Tate's superb Better, Faster, Lighter Java (on which more later), but I like learning new stuff, so I'm happy.
No, the problem is that Java coding is just no fun..."
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
- Configuring Tomcat5 and Apache2 with Virtual Hosts using mod_jk
- Using as400 QRCVDTAQ api to retrieve a message / entry from a dataqueue
- AS400 Job Scheduler
- EclipseZone - Clean Up Warnings with the 'restriction' Suppression Flag
- Adobe Flex 2.0 Beta
- Common Gateway Interface (CGI) on the as400 / iSeries
- AS400 APIs
- What is RPGsp (RPG Smart Pages)
- as400 Iseries Tips
- What is LANSA
No comments:
Post a Comment