BruceBlog: "First of all, finding a proxy for Windoze that will capture HTTP POSTs was actually pretty difficult. Then I took a look into what is necessary with Squid to get it to capture HTTP POSTs and quickly abandoned that idea. It's been over six years since I last dug into Squid at any level. I know it's very nice, but I really didn't need a cache either, not while I'm developing. Then I discovered tcpmon.
Buried in Axis, tcpmon is a lightweight Java proxy that captures all traffic including HTTP POSTs. And because it's written in Java, I can run it on both Mac OS X and Windoze without any issues. So I've been monitoring all the HTTP headers easily with tcpmon and what I've discovered is priceless. The cookies in these headers are very custom which required some hacks to get my POSTs looking just right. But overall, tcpmon has been a lifesaver. If you ever have a needs for a small but nimble Java proxy, check it out. "
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
- Common Gateway Interface (CGI) on the as400 / iSeries
- AS400 APIs
- AS400 Job Scheduler
- What is RPGsp (RPG Smart Pages)
- Formatting and sorting dates in Displaytag
- Raj Blogs: Common UNIX Commands
- as400 iSeries NetServer Disabled user profiles
- Encrypt Data on as400 (QC3ENCDT, Qc3EncryptData)
- UDATE and *DATE in AS400 RPG
- Configuring Tomcat5 and Apache2 with Virtual Hosts using mod_jk
No comments:
Post a Comment