AS400 PRTF - Report Layout Utility
The report layout utility (RLU), AS400 licensed program, allows you to create and edit source members on the AS/400 system. RLU source members in source physical
files contain the printer file Data Description Specifications (DDS) for a report
design that you lay out by using RLU.
The report design looks like an actual listing
you generate with a high-level-language (HLL) program. Using RLU, you specify
the information required for DDS, and RLU creates or changes the source member.
The DDS uses keywords to define your report design. Keywords associated with a
field are called field-level keywords, keywords associated with a record are called
record-level keywords, and keywords associated with an entire printer file are called
You can perform the following tasks with RLU:
¹ Design a report by defining it on the display, saving it as DDS source, and creating
a printer file.
¹ Create a prototype of a report by printing the as400 prtf report design at any time to make
sure that the reports looks the way you want.
- Javalobby - Java J2EE Programming Forums - Coldtags suite 2.1: 210+ custom JSP tags
- SOA: Refactoring Mainframe Applications into Dynamic Web Applications (Part 1)
- as400 Iseries Tips
- Journaling for Performance
- Is it the end for the current crop of web frameworks?
- AS400 APIs
- Wordpress games Google by hosting LinkFarm
- Trying to find out as400 library size
- What is QZHQSSRV job?
- ibm as400 manuals v5r4