as400 web app Deployment
We really need to speed up deployment of as400 web applications.
At the moment we check out the application projects from CVS, on the software developers box. Then export the EAR files to the iseries IFS. The go in WAS browser admin console. Then stop the web application. Then updating the web application. Then modifying the deployed web application (copying some folders) in installedApps. Then restarting the web application.
Ends up taking about 1/2 hour to do all that. What I want to do is script all that so it is automated and can run on the as400.
presumably connecting to CVS is unix type stuff that can run in qshell. Then maybe using Ant running on the 400 to package up and deploy the EAR file to the IFS, then using scripted websphere wsadmin commands to deploy the application. Ill be lucky if I get time to do any of this as400 stuff
Built myself a new PC for Christmas
- Table designs based on CSS and DIV elements
- Use ALLOCATE *YES when Adding Records to a New File
- Add a Second File Description to your Application Program
- Index File Updates/Adds and SMP
- Creating an as400 Query
- AS400 / ISeries Freeware / Shareware
- How to install OPEN-XCHANGE™ with Webmin, APACHE2, OpenLDAP and PostgreSQL on Mandrake 9.2
- Router Design Project - Is it hard to build a router?
- Other as400 tips sites
- How do you re-enable the user id for STRSST when it has been disabled?